Australia has lots of wild pollinator insects that are often overlooked. This is an opportunity to learn more about the pollinators in and around your gardens or farm. We are lucky to have Karen Retra and Joanne Diver taking us on a pollinator journey in a 3hr workshop at the gardens.
• Learn about pollinator insects – their importance, other roles in nature, diversity.
• Tips for spotting pollinator insects and recognising key groups; encouraging them in your garden.
• Wander the Shepparton Botanical Gardens for a practical spotting session using the Wild Pollinator Count approach.
• Bee inn/hotel making session, all materials supplied.
• Show examples of Bee Inn’s (Hotels) for timber and ground nesting bees
• Building a Bee Inn – talking about material selection, preparation, construction options and placement.
• All materials, including timber, sourced, cut and drilled to size, instructions
• Morning tea provided
you will leave the workshop with your very own Bee Hotel
- hat, clothes appropriate for an outdoor workshop
- Camera or smart phone camera